What Information Do We Collect?
Information Provided By You
When you create an account on DXMP, we collect only the necessary information to satisfy a typical user account, such as your email address, desired username, password, and display name (i.e. nickname). Your password is encrypted and
never stored anywhere in plain text. We also store your IP address in our database for the purpose of tracking down malicious accounts.
You are able, at your own discretion, to update your account and profile information to add additional data about yourself, such as your address, telephone, avatar, and other similar profile properties.
When you purchase a product or service through DXMP, we utilize Stripe. We do not store or process your sensitive card data on our server.
Basic information about your payment method is stored for your own records on your account or purchase history page, such as the brand of card, last 4 digits, expiration date, and funding type.
Other than that, we store an encrypted token from Stripe that represents your card on their server(s), and another token which represents your customer object on Stripe's server(s).
If you contact us, we may receive additional information about you, such as your name, email address, phone number, or any other information that's directly related to the message you sent. We also use Disqus on our site,
which is a third-party service. You'll find this on different pages, mostly reserved for registered users, and offers an easy way to comment and ask questions, and/or interact with other users on the site. Such usage is stored on
Disqus's servers and you'd have to review their policy and terms accordingly.
We provide features on the site, such as bookmarks in our tutorials, that we store records of in our database.
Information Related To Our Services
Cookies, Analytics, and Tracking.
Certain information is automatically stored in log files.
We use Google Analytics for tracking, and information such as your device, browser type, internet service provider, referring and exit pages, dates, times, and clicks, IP address, and other
typical data is utilized and sent to Google automatically. Some information is stored in a cookie, which may be set on your computer or device when you visit DXMP. This allows us to recognize you and better provide services and
learn your preferences.
What do we do with the Information we collect?
First, we fully comply with the obligations under the "GDPR":
- by keeping personal data up to date;
- by storing and destroying it securely;
- by only collecting or retaining what we need;
- by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and disclosure;
- by regularly evaluating security procedures to ensure the best technical measures are in place to protect personal data;
Second, we only use your data:
- to provide, operate, and maintain our services;
- to improve, personalize, and expand our services and your experience;
- to understand how you use our service, so we can make it better;
- to gain insight to create new features and services;
- to process your transactions, when you make a purchase;
- to find and prevent fraud;
- to contact you through email with important account related information, such as an update to our policies;
- to remain compliant, including enforcing our Terms of Service, or other legal rights, or as may be required by applicable laws and regulations requested by any judicial process or governmental agency.
Third, we only share your data:
- with our payment processor when you make a purchase;
- with Google for analytics purposes so we can better understand our users and how they utilize DXMP;
- with other members on DXMP, but only if you post on the site publicly;
- with our service providers, explained below;
In addition to the above:
We work with a hosting company, where our server and other related data is stored. Backups of this data are retained for 30-60 days for the purpose of disaster recovery.
We use some third-party widgets and plugins, such as the ability to share pages on social media sites, but it's your choice whether or not you use these widgets.
We share your testimonial, with consent.
In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third-party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process or request by the government,
(b) to enforce our own Terms of Service Agreement, (c) protect against illegal activities, or (d) to respond to an emergency if we believe that sharing such information will prevent death or serious bodily injury of any person.
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
You have either given us explicit consent, or you have purchased one of our products or services and in order to fulfill our service to you we need to keep your contact details on record.
How long do we keep your personal data?
If you do not have any related purchases, we may remove your account, or remove you from our mailing list if you have been inactive for a long time. Typically, we remove accounts that have been inactive for more than 24 months.
You have the right, at any time, to request the removal of your data from our system by contacting us here. Our backups are permanently destroyed after 60 days.
We retain personal information that we collect when we have an ongoing business need to do so. For example, we may need to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting requirements.
When we have no legitimate need to process your personal information, we will either delete it or anonymize it, or if that's not possible, such as the case with backups, we will isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Currently, we store our backups for a maximum of 60 days.
All personal information is collected via HTTPS secure communication and is kept in a secure database that is not subject to any unauthorized usage. Remember to choose a strong password, as we can't be liable for hacked accounts.
In the event of a data breach, as in our server is compromised, we will take down the site immediately, investigate the personal data that was exposed, and contact you with every detail and steps to take.
You have the right
- to unsubscribe from receiving certain promotional emails from us. However, even if you unsubscribe, we may need to periodically contact you about account related issues, or policy updates such as this;
- to disable cookies and tracking on your browser;
- to "unregister" your account from your account page, that of which will be removed permanently shortly afterwards;
- to request a copy of your personal data that RMG stores for you on DXMP by contacting us here;
- to request that RMG corrects any information on DXMP if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date, by contacting us here;
- to request your personal data erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain your data by contacting us here;
- to withdraw your consent to the processing of your data at any time by contacting us here;
- to object to the processing of your personal data by contacting us here;
- to lodge a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data with the National Supervisory Authority for Personal Data Processing;
- to contact us directly at 270.933.1200 or email@example.com if you'd rather not use a contact form;
we will contact you through our Services, such as email or similar communication.
You can contact us at any time through our contact page found here. You may also send us an email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 270-933-1200.
We fully respect your privacy. We're a family run operation that believes strongly in the security and rights of every person. If you feel we can improve our practices in any way, feel free to contact us.